Sirona Naturals LLC is a fast growing contract manufacturing of soft gels. By implementing scientific and technological advancements and understanding the demands of the modern consumer, we have developed products that cater to customers looking for products that align with various dietary practices, ingredients that are sustainably sourced , and ethical manufacturers who are able to provide quality and scale. Currently, we have openings for formulation chemists.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Design multivariate studies of different formulations of softgels and nutritional products, minimizing the number of replicates while maximizing the amount of information obtained.
• Conduct studies on long-term stability of products
• Develop prototype products and communicate with customers
• Analyze results of experimental studies and write reports
• Assist with scale-up from development to production quantities, in collaboration with chemical engineers and plant production personnel
• Modify excipients to increase the bioavailability
• Other duties as needed for company’s business
• More details available at the time of interview
• Sc. degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry with > 5 yr of industrial formulation experience, or M. Sc. Degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry with > 3 yrs of industrial formulation experience, or PhD degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry and > 2 years of industrial formulation experience
• Experience in softgel industry or food and beverage industry preferred
• Candidates with more experience and a M. Sc or PhD degree will be considered for a Sr. Chemist or Scientist level position
• Basic lab skills, especially in analytical techniques for product analysis
• Requires independent and analytical thinking to solve problems, good communication and presentation skills and ability to work on multiple projects and across functions with overtime and travel as needed
• Able to prioritize and manage time effectively working in teams and individually